Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Converter....

Options
  • 14-10-2007 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi, I need a converter than can convert well... basically everything, I always need to convert something and now i need one for converting .mkv files. I want a all in one free or not... just give me a name... it has to do everything or nearly everything.. also i have some .avi files which work on vlc and do not copy to dvd...seeing as they are "corrupt" avi files.... so if theres anything that can be done about that.... maybe software that records video? and exports it in avi???
    Advice plz.... If theres no such software out there... well, i am then looking for people to help me create one like this..:p Thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If they are all video files, you should try super. It's free which is handy.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

haha, thanks again cushion...

and it will do most files.... what about corrupt avi files that do play.:mad: haha.. how will i cope with them

SUPER looks good..but for some reason it is Incredibly slow. is it meant to be.... takes about 4 mins to open it?....:confused: my brand new laptop should be able to cope with that... surely.... :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I haven't used it in a while and I don't have it on my laptop at the moment but I'm pretty sure it shouldn't take that long just to open. Converting the files should take a while depending on the size as this is a very cpu intensive thing. As for the corrupted files maybe you could convert them to avi, this may fix it.

• Advertisement

yeah ill have a mooch about... thanks again for the .r00 files and the super ... just dosent work on my laptop some reason... Ill have a eye out for converters in pcworld maybe... thanks again CHEERS:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Snapp

I convert protected avi files with MelodyCan software. Conversion speed and quality is very good. Also I noticed when playback window is partially obscured it doesn’t affect converted file. You can try free trial version

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

SUPER looks good..but for some reason it is Incredibly slow. is it meant to be.... takes about 4 mins to open it?....:confused: my brand new laptop should be able to cope with that... surely.... :(
    It takes 4 minutes, as you probably only have 512MB of RAM on your notebook, and 512MB with Vista is like 128MB with XP; sh|t slow. Get more RAM, and it'll be nice. Oh, and no, I don't care if it's brand new. A brand new notebook with 512MB will run slower than a 4 year old XP notebook with 512MB.

As for .r00 files, you use winrar, from rarsoft.com to open them. It also can repair some files, if the corruption isn't too bad. If the corruption is bad, you'll need to redownload the file. Try using a download manager like Flashget to download them with.

by new i meant 2GB DDR2..... soo, dont act all smart and give me that crap :)
    Ive been usuing computers longer than you... I found out it was the program anyway... Virus:o

Advertisement