Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QuickTime Errors: -8971 etc........

Options
  • 14-10-2007 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I am trying to playback MPG4 and Movie files via QuickTime.

When I double click on the icons with the 'Movie' tag, I get the following error message:

"QuickTime is missing software required to display this movie file. Unfortunately, it is not available on the QuickTime server."

When I double click on the icons with the MPG4 tag, I get the following error:

"Couldn't open the file because an unknown error occurred. The number of the error is: -8971."

Any ideas?

I am using a PC running version 6.5.2 of QuickTime and it is up to date, or so it tells me via the updater.

Many thanks.

D.

Edited:

Sorted! But, for those who might have the same problem, this is what was wrong.

I had QuickTime 6.5.2 installed. When I used the Updater, it told me that I had all the available updates.

I went to the Apple website and I saw that the current version is 7.2. So, I uninstalled my version and downloaded and installed 7.2. Now working perfectly.

But, a tad annoying, to put it mildly, that the Updater in 6.5. didn't bring me up to 7.2. But, maybe there is a good reason for this.

D.

Advertisement