Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning pictures

Options
  • 14-10-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to enlarge a picture after you've scanned it? They've turned out really small and are just stuck in the corner.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You could use something like photoshop to increase the size of the image but the bigger you make it the worse the quality will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

You could use something like photoshop to increase the size of the image but the bigger you make it the worse the quality will be.

Is that a special programme I would need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Why not re-scan it? As almightycushion said, blowing it up now will just blow up the bad quality.
    Also are you sure it hasn't just placed thumbnails in the folder you're viewing and that the full size scan isn't in some other folder?

Wertz wrote: »
    Why not re-scan it? As almightycushion said, blowing it up now will just blow up the bad quality.
    Also are you sure it hasn't just placed thumbnails in the folder you're viewing and that the full size scan isn't in some other folder?

I's not a thumbnail. The picture when I put it on the screen of the scanner takes up about a quarter or the size of the screen so then when I look at it on the computer the picture is about a quarter of the size a full photo should be. Am I making sense? lol

I can zoom in on the picture on the computer til I get to the size I want it to be but there doesn't seem to be a way of saving it at that size.:rolleyes:

Ps it's still good quality when I zoom in to the size I want it.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

You're probably opening it with a program that automatically resizes it. Open it with mspaint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Okay so it's A6 or thereabouts. Should fill most of a standard size/resolution monitor at 100%...if it doesn't, then you possibly resized it or compresed it during scanning.

Try it in print preview and see what size it'll be on a page, that's a quick indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

From what I can make out it just seems like your not cropping out the rest of the scanner bed. I take it its a A4 scanner, your putting you photos in, scanning them and its scanning the whole bed not just the photo. You need to pre-scan them use the program you have to crop to the photo and scan it.

segasega wrote: »
    From what I can make out it just seems like your not cropping out the rest of the scanner bed. I take it its a A4 scanner, your putting you photos in, scanning them and its scanning the whole bed not just the photo. You need to pre-scan them use the program you have to crop to the photo and scan it.

Yea, I think you know what I'm doing wrong, how do I do the pre scanning thing?

Advertisement