Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP! i'm getting a laptop & need help with the computer language? please help!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'd say Dell. I'm biased though. I have had a few. I never had any problems with them at all though. They have been very good to me.

I had an inspiron (a few yrs ago) which is the laptop they market for home users. I really liked this. I don't really like the styling of the current models though. Prices start from €579 including VAT. http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/notebooks_good?c=ie&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Then the laptop they market to business users is the latitude. Home users can also buy these. They are more expensive but look way nicer (imo). I use one of these now for work and home. There strong and durable. Inspirons are not that durable. When you hold one in your hand it won't feel like it's of a high quality as opposed to latitudes.

I actually have some second hand latitudes for sale if you are interested. They have 1GB ram and windows XP. Nice processor too.

1GB ram is plenty for what you will be doing. I'd say steer away from Vista for now since it has been released only in recent times and has its teething problems.

As for hard disk space. 80GB should be loads.

Steer away from the likes of pc world as they tend to be quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

Processor would put me off, but if your looking for something cheap and cheerful then your grand with that. You put another €80 to the 500 and you can get a dell that workaccount mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 DancingRainDrop

thanks for the help :)

I found this laptop today in Dixons

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF06b/21675-38187-179483-179483-179483-12925866-80487512.html?jumpid=oc_R1002_UKENC-001_Compaq%20Presario%20F560EM%20Notebook%20PC&lang=en&cc=uk

And I don't mind paying an extra 200€ for it

But again, I have no idea what all the stuff means

so can anyone let me know if its anoy good?

Is the memory enough for music, pics, documents??

help is much appreciated :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Your best bet would be to get a dell vostro, they are great value for money at the moment. What is your budget?

Advertisement