Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvercrest multimedia desktop from Lidl

Options
  • 13-10-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

I just bought one of these today, despite suspicions over it as the offer was a couple of weeks ago and it was the last one in the shop. Sure enough, it appears not to work (detected by the PC fine, but not a peep out of the mouse or the keyboard despite no apparent battery issues). Can I return this to Lidl directly (as I suspect someone already did!) and if so, how long do I have to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do it tomorrow morning, and you should be ok. Wait too long, and they'll ask "if it was broken when you got it, why did you wait one week to return it?"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

It seems to be the transmitter that's at fault, which is a shame. I wonder if I could just get this bit replaced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

obvious question but have you tried to put in brand new batteries. i know my one lights up but doesnt have a peep out of it when the batteries are near dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I've tried the supposedly brand new batteries that came with it. Pretty sure it's the receiver though as I get an error saying that it's malfunctioned when I connect it. Still haven't had a chance to go back about it, but tempted to ring the Silvercrest support number as Lidl won't have a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,010 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I had a problem with one of their notebook mice a couple of years ago. The USB transmitter failed months after I bought it. I contacted service@mysilvercrest.de and explained that I was trying to get a new transmitter. A few days later I received a new mouse and a new transmitter. They never asked for the old pieces to be returned to them.

I then pushed my luck and asked where I could get some new keys for one of their wireless keyboards, as the lettering on mine had worn out. No response! You have to take the rough with the smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

blastman wrote: »
    I've tried the supposedly brand new batteries that came with it. Pretty sure it's the receiver though as I get an error saying that it's malfunctioned when I connect it.
    "Brand new" batteries that have been in the box how long?

As for the error, Google it, and you'll probably come across a fix.
    blastman wrote: »
    Still haven't had a chance to go back about it, but tempted to ring the Silvercrest support number as Lidl won't have a replacement.
    Yeah, and after 28 days they'll redirect you to the manufacturer.

Advertisement