Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 3: Reunion [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 13-10-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭

OK any thought on this one? Reasonably well-structured if a bit obvious and it does prove that all the large hairy one does is either hit or shoot at things.

Rate This Episode 16 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    18% 3 votes
    Ok
    31% 5 votes
    Bad
    50% 8 votes
    Terrible - OMFG I Thought I Couldent Get Any Worse But It Did!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A decent episode - neither over- or under-whelming. The pace was grand.
    I was pleased to see the implication that Sheppard didn't take command only because of his reservations over how Weir was treated by command. It makes Carter coming in more acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i actually thought this was the best of the 4 episodes, it had good action, good advance of the main story arc, we learned new things like replicators wont even attack humans when the wraith are near by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

The definition of average, but thats not really a bad thing. A nice stand alone filler episode, and even though the "twist" was telegraphed fairly early on in it.

The one thing i didn't like was carter going on the rescue mission with the rest of sheppards team, while i know in SG1 this sort of thing would happen all the time, she's supposed to be the leader of the whole expedition, i hope she stays on base and, y'know, does that being incharge thing.
    Like Hammond, only not as awesome because that's not possible.

Other than that, some nice little tid bits, like the wraith being the ones who deactivated the replicators, and seeing how muck the replicators are Vs the wraith in hand to hand combat.

Though i think this episode has given hints on the end of this season, i have the feeling the wraith won't be able to deactivate the attack code on the replicators, but they will be able to change the target of the attack code, sending the replicators back to atlantis.

Just a theory ATM, but the whole replicator thing has to come and bite them in the ass at some point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

a bit slow at the start, but at least we got some decent gunfights :) why dont Shepperd et al use guns like ronins that dont run out of ammo as quick? t'would be esier than buyin bullets and havin em shipped from earth and the like.

SciFi have basicly been handed a great franchise with massive established fanbase, lets hope they dont make another - Sliders Season5.

looks like it might turn out alright if a little predictable, but they're mkin some movies at the mo as well so probably usin up all the decent bits of script there

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Best Ep of the Season. Still think Tappings character is like watching cardboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Liked this episode a lot, a good pace and a decent story,
    theyre heading in the right direction.
    The twist was easy to see coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

and seeing how muck the replicators are Vs the wraith in hand to hand combat.

I thought the replicator managed to easily beat the wraith when it went hand to hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I enjoyed the episode, but do agree that the Satedan's combat is a bit Xena warrior princess where you thump someone and they don't bruise, but do spin a few times through the air. Carter's character is a little weak in execution, she's like a lost little girl as opposed to a leader.

The Wraith research facility was interesting though, all we've seen of them so far is Darts, Cruises and Hive Ships. I enjoyed the episode, didn't think Ronin's acting was so bad, but thought the whole Satedan reunion plot a little weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Just like I voted in the poll...OMFG I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Did nobody else smell from the beginning that Ronins friends would be working for the Wraith? I mean...we had this episode before in Sg-1, with Teal'c getting douped.
    The Wraith were crap again and are still a shadow of their former selves.
    The only enjoyable parts of this episode for me were the Replicator kicking the **** out of the Wraith, Ronin kicking the **** out of his mates and satisfying my curiosity of what Carter would look like in the Atlantis set.

Unfortunatly none of these things have lastability.

I hate Atlantis at the minute.

Oh and Teal'c's cameo was so pathetic.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Am I the only one who thinks that Carter being put in command of the expedition makes no sense at all?

She's one of the brightest scientific minds anywhere - so they put her in a managerial role, so she spends her days wrestling with bureaucrats.

She also has no experience commanding anything other larger than an SG team... so they put her in command of the most important important human facility in the universe. Good move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement