Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

delievered by mistake

Options
  • 13-10-2007 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, my brother ordered a TV, it was delieved , fine,
    Next day the same make and model TV was delievered, his child signed for it, as he didnt know one had already arrived.
    What should he do , ring them , ask them to come back and collect it or, say nothing and give it tome.
    thanks all, if my little brothr is reading this, I love you very much!!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Heh, you don't get many BOGOF offers for TV's!

As for what to do, that depends on your brother's conscience! :)

Morally, he should ring and tell them they sent a second by mistake, maybe offer to buy it half price to save them the bother taking it back (probably won't work)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,047 ✭✭✭afatbollix

this has happened also to a friend of mine but with a motorsports helmet.. he knows the fella to runs the website ( through the sport) so rang him to tell him to take it back but never sent someone out. hes rang them about 3 more times.. and its still sitting in his house... its worth around 600 euro!!!!! must ask him for it if he still has it by the next rally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

In fairness, it's tempting to keep it, but they might have a record somewhere on their systems of 2 TVs being delivered, so that could come back to bite your brother in the behind.

I'd do the right thing and ring to arrange for it's return. Generate good karma and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

I'd send it back ... you'd have no luck with it, and a clean conscience is worth more than any telly

except maybe one of those 60 inch LCD flat screen jobbies. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Notify them. If they don't pick it up within a certain time frame, it's legally yours. Believe it's 6 months. Could be wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

chrislad wrote: »
    Notify them. If they don't pick it up within a certain time frame, it's legally yours. Believe it's 6 months. Could be wrong

You could notify them and move out for 6 months ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

This happened with my Mum and a stero system, she sent it back and they gave her a refund :confused: She tried to explain and got nowhere so she just left it.
    Something simlar happen with us for bedroom suite, we paid deposit and filled in credit application, they never drew the direct debit, they phone a year later and said they lost the forms and would we sign them again, we said yes to post them out and we would return them. They never posted them out or phoned again. that was 4 years ago:) still have the furniture and sleep very well at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Something like this happened to me years ago. I ordered a computer for my cousin and a few days later a second one came. I ended up selling it to my friend and nothing ever came of it again. Happy days all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

These things happen. In work we ordered a replacement DLT drive for a customer from HP. They sent 2 boxes though the slip said one. both boxes contained DLT drives :D Now bear in mind, these things are worth about a grand!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

sent my ipod for repair 2 arrive back together. Happy days

of course i sent it back :D, i hear apple are struggling to make ends meet :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

similiar thing to musha. I bought a drum kit years ago for £750 filled out all the forms was approved and got my drum kit. finance company never took a debit from account.

that was some 6 years ago so i reckon im in the clear now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

we need a priest in here to bless this thread, were all going to Hell!!:D

not at all. it was karma that brought me that free drumkit , you gotta love karma :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Karma eh? Then a priest is not needed since we are dealing with a different God all together :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I got a free 20" LCD monitor from Dell this way. They sent out two instead of one. I never said anything and they never asked, mutual agreement in my book ;)

Also got two digital cameras years ago from letsbuyit.com. It was a crap camera anyway so I didn't feel too bad. Strange thing was the 2nd one arrived about two months after the first. No one ever asked that time either.

So to answer the question, keep it. If anyone asks, claim ignorance. That could be anyone's signature...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

happened to me 2 yrs ago. ordered a 300E cot from argos ...6 weeks later no cot ......so went into store and cancelled order, got my refund and left. 1 month later cot arrives, delivered to my mothers house (same name) ..no one ever looked for payment and after the service i got i wasint going askin them to come back for it. pity i had already bought one! but came in handy for the twins this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Sent a €300 christmas food hamper to Canada from Ireland and 2 arrived. My sis thought we were being very extravagant and we only found out about 1 month later. No way for me to return a hamper to Ireland from there. So never told them and never heard another word about it. Strange secondary karma.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Unsolicited goods (unordered goods sent to your home) may be kept within thirty days of telling the seller to collect them or within six months if no notice is given. Basically you can write to the sender stating your name, address, where the goods can be picked up and state that the goods are unsolicited then if 30 days pass without the sender picking them up (and you not stopping them picking the goods up) then they are legally yours. If you shut your mouth and say nothing then 6 months later the goods are legally yours aswell. Stay inside the law then you don't have to worry about the morals.

would be interested in any linkys you have to back that up there axer. (just for future reference :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

sweet thanks. its funny given the amount of times I've flicked through that i've never actually noticed that part before :):)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

axer wrote: »
    Unsolicited goods (unordered goods sent to your home) may be kept within thirty days of telling the seller to collect them or within six months if no notice is given. Basically you can write to the sender stating your name, address, where the goods can be picked up and state that the goods are unsolicited then if 30 days pass without the sender picking them up (and you not stopping them picking the goods up) then they are legally yours. If you shut your mouth and say nothing then 6 months later the goods are legally yours aswell. Stay inside the law then you don't have to worry about the morals.
    Good to know, in the extreme offchance I'll get double what I ordered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

sent my ipod for repair 2 arrive back together. Happy days

of course i sent it back :D, i hear apple are struggling to make ends meet :rolleyes:

My friend fell asleep on the couch with an ipod in his pocket and someone soaked him in water, it wouldn't work again. Sent it off and they sent it back with a brand new one aswell for some reason. The one that got soaked only works if you plug the AC power into it but still I thought he was lucky to get anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bought a tv from currys before Lg that was black wanted the silver one but didnt have enough cash.

anyway black one came and next day they delivered the silver one. Sold the black one.

my conscience is clear :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

OK, he will go with the 6 month rule.
    lets wait and see, mean while,
    its happy days for me,
    Little brothers, dont you just love them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I ordered a t-shirt from the peoples republic of cork site and that was fine but about six months later they sent me a hoodie I hadn't ordered. I emailed them and offered to drop it back to them in Cork when I was down but never got a response. Bit tame compared to some of the stuff ye lucky people got.

I presume a lot of the time, someone screwed up big time and they just try and cover it up lest they get in trouble. A student on work placement perhaps.....

Advertisement