Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on new buy please

Options
  • 13-10-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

A friend has asked me to help her choose a new lappy, her main requirement is that it's LIGHT (she suffers from very bad rsi)

She'll be using it for general college stuff, nothing too hectic.

No need for mega graphics, sound etc.

I was thinking along the lines of a machine with IGB ram, wireless, dvd writer, card reader and light, light, light.

Budget is about €800 max.

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If you plan on using vista I would recommend 2GBs of ram. I'd say a 14" laptop would be good and light.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Will keep that in mind, cheers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

How about this op. It's a 14'1" laptop with a good processor and 2GBs of ram. It works out at €700 without vat but you could drop the warranty down to a 2 year or 1 year to save a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Nice machine, 14" screen would seem the way to go.
    Pity there's not an option to have it with XP, then could reduce the ram to 1GB.

Advertisement