Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REmove Vista from Laptop

Options
  • 13-10-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi
    Can any one help. I am trying to remove Vista OS, but I am not having any success. Its a new Dell laptop which came with Vista installed. I want to remove Vista and load XP.
    I changed the BIOS to boot from CD, but vista took over and will not allow the change. Any help would be very much appreciated,

Elgan:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

How does Vista say that it will not allow the change? That sounds like you might be trying to do an upgrade instead of a fresh install. When you boot with the xp cd you should have the option of deleting all partitions. If you do that, then create a new partition and format it, Vista should be well and truly gone. It should be pretty straightforward then to install xp.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

On most dells you hit the [F12] key while the machine shows the logo to access "Boot Menu", allowing you to select your optical drive to boot from ;)

Nick

Advertisement