Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email problem

Options
  • 13-10-2007 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem, I am with BT and have a @iol email address, for the last month or so any of my friends who have yahoo.co.uk email accounts are having trouble receiving my mail. I get a notice back every 24 hours for a few days and then it gives up trying to deliver it.

I have no trouble delivering to any other accounts and my friends have had no trouble receiving mail from anyone else but me, so I am thinking that there is some problem on my ISP side.I have tried sending them emails from a hotmail account I have and they received it no problem.

There is tread in the broadband section about BT and the problems we are having downloading from you tube and I was wondering would this have something to do with it ?

Mark

PS. I hope I put this into the right section if not feel free to move it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

How large is the email your trying to send to your friend? IOL email address are only 10MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

auggie2k wrote: »
    How large is the email your trying to send to your friend? IOL email address are only 10MB.

It doesn’t seem to matter, it can have an attachment or just be text it still fails, I think some of them get delivered but most fail. It is getting very annoying I can tell you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

One very nice and spam free word for you... Gmail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Some people receive your email but others do not - double check your
    outgoing mail server in Outlook settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

Irish ISP Mail accounts like eircom, oceanfree, iol are rubbish

They were all flash when they came out in the late 90's, but because
    web traffic and advert revenue goes to google and yahoo, they never made any
    money from their e-mail services. So they let them get outdated.

As a result there are all sorts of crazy limits on storage, send limits etc.

And their spam filters are redundant.

On the other hand if you use yahoo mail (I do) or G mail (my bro swears by it) because you're exposed
    to lots of free ads so they can justifiy giving you free mail, you get the latest spam protection, unlimited storage and pots of other features.

My dad still uses eircom for his business e-mail and every morning he has to spend up to
    30 minutes filtering his mail with mail washer (a spam filter program) to get rid tons of frankly obscene spam.

It's not worth risking your system to added security risks of poor ISP e-mail protection if you can switch to G mail or Yahoo mail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Thanks for the advice guys, I have a Gmail account already and think I will move everyone over to it now, I have been meaning to do it so now is the time.

I like the Gmail as I can use it with outlook.

Thanks again.
    Mark

Advertisement