Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Filling Stations

Options
  • 13-10-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone have an email or website of Apple Filling Stations....although the prices are the lowest, their pumps are the slowest.....and the clips on the pumps do not work, so I have already highlighted this to the staff weeks ago....but I dont think the message has been passed on....Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Could be on purpose. I think most Apple Greens have a deli and other things, they get people to stop there with cheap petrol, advertise what's inside on the windows and stuff which people would have more time to look at/be tempted/get hungry, if the pump is going slow and they don't have to watch it like you would a fast one. Just a thought...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If the clips on the pumps don't work, they're not going to be able to investigate though, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The clips on the pumps are against the law for petrol, theres are thread on here about it. And they usually disable them for diesel so as not to confuse themselves. No idea about flow rate, but is it running so slow as to negate the price difference. Can't see it taking too much longer to fill a tank.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

on a side note why do people Q for 5 minutes to get petrol at Tesco when the garage 30 seconds drive away is only 1 cent dearer??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

miju wrote: »
    on a side note why do people Q for 5 minutes to get petrol at Tesco when the garage 30 seconds drive away is only 1 cent dearer??

Well I think if there's Queues for 5 minutes 30 seconds away because petrol is 1c cheaper, the owner of the other garage isn't the brightest. Although don't forget there's other stuff about buying from Tesco too, clubcard points and I think something about getting extra money off if you spend over €50 in Tesco before filling up or something?

What are the "clips" on the pump?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cormie wrote: »
    What are the "clips" on the pump?

They where/are a clip on the pump that allowed you to pump petrol without holding the handle. They is a little spring clip beside the lever that locks the lever open and then the back pressure would stop the petrol before it flowed out of your tank. They are still on the pumps but have been disabled, though I did see someone wedge their fuel cap into the pump handle to keep the flow going. They have them on pumps in the States and they are handy, but of course in our nanny state you can have nothing that a gob sh!te might hurt themselves with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

email: info@applegreen.ie The slow pumps is not a deliberate ploy as I emailed them about the same issue with the Celbridge station. Pumps were running full tilt within a week. Is this a recently opened Apple station?

Advertisement