Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink driving - too literally!

Options
  • 12-10-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I was on my way home from work a short time ago and stopped at the traffic lights at the Goat Pub in Goatstown (Dub). Had a look in the rear view mirror and saw a guy in his 60s in a '94 dark green toyota corolla taking a drink from a dark bottle. Couldn't believe my eyes. I thought to myself that it must have been one of those dark plastic Coca Cola bottles, but no, he took another swig and it was definitely glass and it was definitely beer. Possibly Bud.

On a side note, did anyone else think that road rage yesterday evening was more intense than usual? Something in the air?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe it was an old beer bottle with milk in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Bud isn't real beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Hagar wrote: »
    Bud isn't real beer.

Well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

if you get caught by a guard while drinking beer at the wheel but are still under the limit can u get done for it ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Driving without due care and attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

ciano1 wrote: »
    if you get caught by a guard while drinking beer at the wheel but are still under the limit can u get done for it ????

I think there's something in the law about driving with undue care... I presume this would come under that heading.

Did you report the car reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

Eglinton wrote: »
    I was on my way home from work a short time ago and stopped at the traffic lights at the Goat Pub in Goatstown (Dub). Had a look in the rear view mirror and saw a guy in his 60s in a '94 dark green toyota corolla taking a drink from a dark bottle. Couldn't believe my eyes. I thought to myself that it must have been one of those dark plastic Coca Cola bottles, but no, he took another swig and it was definitely glass and it was definitely beer. Possibly Bud.

On a side note, did anyone else think that road rage yesterday evening was more intense than usual? Something in the air?

yeh there was serious road rage last night on my way home to carlow about 11. lots of eejets on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Have we a law against open alcohol containers in moving vehicles here? I know it was a pretty big no-no where I was, in the US, including amongst passengers...

On the subject at hand (and without wanting to spark an immigration debate), I've seen more than a few EE cars full of lads drinking tinnies, including the driver, whilst they cruise about the locale...doesn't seem to cost them a thought.

Advertisement