Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fax and Phone sharing same line

Options
  • 12-10-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

I've just purchased an all in one fax/printer/scanner etc. Is the only thing I have to do connect the fax to the existing phone line and hey presto or do I need some sort of line splitting device to allow the phone and fax to coexist. I'll send very few faxes so don't really want to have the expense of purchasing any further equipment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It should be just like connecting a phone unless you have DSL activated on your line. In this case, you would need a microfilter on each socket where you wanted to connect either a phone or fax machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

What happens when somebody sends a a fax to the OP? Does the fax machine wait until a certain number of rings to pickup? Does this mean that you can't have an answering machine on the same line?

Thanks,
    Brian

Advertisement