Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Al Gore wins peace prize

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

I thought he was about climate change...whats that got to do with world peace?
    i stopped a fight in a club last week i reckon i may deserve it more!!!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

prendy wrote: »
    I thought he was about climate change...whats that got to do with world peace?
    i stopped a fight in a club last week i reckon i may deserve it more!!!!!!:D

Tell that to the Swedes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is there no 'Nobel Environment Prize'???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

it's more than Bush will ever get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Fcukin Bull****, Bono should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

They gave him the prize to shut him up waffling on about ManBearPig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,086 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

from wiki
    He was awarded the 2007 Nobel Peace Prize in October, along with the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)

so its really more like half a nobel peace prize

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's really a way for the nobel committee to give a symbolic 'up yours' to the bush administration.

bloody stupid all the same.

he's an inconvenient bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

The reason they were given the nobel peace prize is because they highlighted climate change, and the problems it has caused and will cause.
    An example being if theres a drought people have to move to other places to find food and water thus causing conflict between them and the people already living wherever they move to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

The reason they were given the nobel peace prize is because they highlighted climate change, and the problems it has caused and will cause.
    An example being if theres a drought people have to move to other places to find food and water thus causing conflict between them and the people already living wherever they move to.

ok so that clears it up....gore talks about pollution which stops wars so give him a prize....i see!!!!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Its all BS .Just another sham big name winner with no charisma or anything of value to offer,Al Bore . was he offered the Prize as motivation to do the film. Cannes next year and then Hollywood ,Fix

• Advertisement
Advertisement