Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound on Msn video call....

Options
  • 12-10-2007 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭

I have no sound whatsoever when I make a Video Call on MSN. When I insert my webcam, a message comes on the screen saying..'Your computer does not have a sound card, or a sound card is not selected' Though if I plug in my mic to the laptop the person on the other end CAN here me! Video calls worked fine on my old laptop but since I got this new one I havent been able to get sound. Ive reinstalled the appropriate drivers for the webcam from the webcam disc too.

Now Im not the smartest when it comes to computers but perhaps I do have to select a sound card? How would I do that? Maybe thats not even the problem!!

Im using a Windows XP Home edition operating system. My cam is a Logitech Quickcam Express. Any kind of suggestions are more than welcome. :)

Thanks

Rockeee :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There is most definitely an option in the Webcam settings to both choose & test your audio.

Also have a look at your Windows Audio settings in

Start
    Control Panel
    Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices
    Sounds and Audio Devices

Once in there have a look at the "AUDIO" TAB settings....

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

There is most definitely an option in the Webcam settings to both choose & test your audio.

Also have a look at your Windows Audio settings in

Start
    Control Panel
    Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices
    Sounds and Audio Devices

Once in there have a look at the "AUDIO" TAB settings....

The only tabs I see when I go into the Sound and Audio Devices section is 'Playback' 'Recording' & 'Sounds' When I plug in my mic and go into the 'Recording' tab, the microphone works fine and if I go onto MSN the microphone works fine too but its when I disconnect the mic that the other person cant hear me. On my last laptop I didnt need to plug in my mic to talk to the other person, so there must be a built in mic on the laptop that Im just not picking up on.

I also cant find any folder for my webcam on the computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Rockee wrote: »
    Ive reinstalled the appropriate drivers for the webcam from the webcam disc too.

Rockeee :D

The drivers on their own will only allow Windows to pick up the Webcam as a device.

The camera software aside from the actual drivers is where the configuration settings are. You said you can't find a folder on the laptop for your Webcam?

It should be under "C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ImgStud.exe"
    or something very similar.

Did you install the Webcam software? as in run the setup file from the disc? or did you just insert the disc when Windows was looking for a driver for the device?

You need to install that piece of software too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement