Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education Fees?

Options
  • 11-10-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Ok so im in UCD at the mo but im seriously considering dropping out of my course. My main concern is how much it is going to cost when/if i return to college next year! I have heard that if a student drops out by october, your free fees still applies for next year. If you drop out before january, you are only required to pay half the fees. however, this is purely speculative and I need to make sure what my options are before i drop out. does anyone know anything about this?

Comments

In January, you've to sign a piece of paper confirming that you're still in college. So if you do not sign it and consequently drop you, you'd be able to avail of free fees for half the year.

October is a general rule for dropping out, I don't know if you'll find it written down anywhere. It's possible that you've advanced too far into October to be eligible for half the year's free fees. But the best people to talk to would be your tutor/student advisor (group) in your respective college. They should know exactly what would apply in your college.

But if you are not happy in your course (and do not wish to switch to another mid-year - this is possible) do not just start not turning up. You've to fill out a form stating you're dropping out, as the consequences of you not doing this may be high (if you're applying again). Also, if you're getting a grant you've to let them know that you're dropping out.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Advertisement