Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting sterling to euro (coins)

Options
  • 11-10-2007 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭

hey guys,

i have a large amount of uk coins, probably £40 to £50 plus, usally pick up all this change when ever in england or when i'm in n ireland, but i would like to change what i have into notes or in to euros,

does any one know anywhere i can change this money, any banks i have asked will only take notes, i have tried a post office in a small n ireland boarder village when visting family to change it to sterling notes, but they would not take it, claimed they could only take it if each dedomination was in amounts such as £1 or £2

dont usally be in of the larger n ireland towns, and could have taken to the uk with me last week, but it would have added to much weight to an already full laptop bag,

basicaly my question is does any one know how or where i can change this money

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭daniel3982

Cant you just take it with you next time you go to the UK? Or else just go on the piss in Belfast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irish-stew wrote: »

i have tried a post office in a small n ireland boarder village when visting family to change it to sterling notes, but they would not take it,

next time you are there just blow it on drink or chocolate?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask around you mates, maybe soon someone is northbound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Send it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

daniel3982 wrote: »
    Cant you just take it with you next time you go to the UK? Or else just go on the piss in Belfast!

theres alot of coins to carry, all that extra weight and jangling about in my laptop bag, it was heavy and bulky enough last week as it was

• Advertisement

Go north and shop in Tesco's, then pay at the self service tills, you'll soon offload the schrapnel there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

You could always donate it to charity, there are charity bins in most airports and they accept all currencies from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

Separate each denomination into amounts, then change it in the North:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

buy something on ebay from a brit and ask to pay in advance using cash. or alternatively sell it on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

go to any bank in n. ireland, change coins to notes, then exchange or keep for next travel

• Advertisement
Advertisement