Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst way you've ever been dumped?

Options
  • 11-10-2007 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

I want to start a relationship with a suicidal person, and then dump them in a most spectacular and cruel manner. For ya know, shits and giggles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'd point you in the direction of PI then, you know, for sh1ts and giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

TheGooner wrote: »
    I'd point you in the direction of PI then, you know, for sh1ts and giggles.

I do not understand this moon language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I was dumped out of a fast moving truck once.

Those scars took a while to heal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

It's always me that does the dumping!!!

I'm Un-dumpable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭ryanairzer

kevmy wrote: »
    I was dumped out of a fast moving truck once.

Those scars took a while to heal.

I don't want to hurt them!!! (physically)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

sleep with her family members!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I'm sure there's a lot of cruel ways...

I got dumped once by not being officially dumped...

group of us heading on a w/e away -- mutual friend called me enroute to the gathering -- told me that my 'bf' was officially back with his ex since the previous day.. and everyone knew they were back together....
    except me of course...
    until the call.

we just didnt speak to each other
    Funny...looking back I should have just ripped him out of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

What is the worst way you've ever been dumped?

Mobile phone text ftw.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

darkman2 wrote: »
    Mobile phone text ftw.
    I'll top that, mobile phone text on the recipients birthday.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

darkman2 wrote: »
    Mobile phone text ftw.

Sending someone a telegram or a smoke signal is pretty vicious also...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Thread on After Hours would be the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Over IM :/

Her:'It's over!

/me signoff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Rhyme wrote: »

At their parents funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I got dumped off the bonnet of a moving car - for realz! That relationship was doomed from the beginning.

I haven't been dumped by a girl though. Oh wait I have

/cries

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I rang up my then current GF to tell her I have to talk to her later, she knew damn well what it was about, and then a few minutes later I get a text saying she's breaking up with me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead got dumped once for being too happy. Unbelievable. She said theres no way anybody could be that happy all the time and she found it hard to trust me.

Pighead cried for 7 whole weeks after that. Should have gave her a call, she probably would have liked me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

|Cookies wrote: »
    i mean common now.

But do you mean "I mean come on now" or do you mean it's "common now" ?

"Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I'm dumping you
    so boohoohoo"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Text is the most common now........its not the "nicest"....or wait, is there a nice way to break up with someone lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My ex moved to Germany for a few months and pretended we "were on a break" but would be together when he was back. he extensively discouraged me to visit him. When he got back he just told me that he didn't want to be in a relationship at all. I found out a few months later he'd actually got back back with his ex-girlfriend a few months before we "were on a break" and she'd been to see him in Germany too. He was just too chicken to tell me he'd been cheating on me and wanted to be with her so he strung me along for a few months. That was pretty ****ty. You could try something awful like that, but the downside is that it does go on for months. You may want quicker gratification then that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

People don't take responsibility for blooming anything any more, least of all someone else's feelings, pusillanimous buggers them all!!

Been dumped once, long time ago, didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

An ex of mine thought it was appropriate behaviour to sleep with someone else during our time together.
    I dumped him immediately....but thinking back, a few swift kicks to the crotch wouldn't have gone amiss :mad::mad:

bronte wrote: »
    An ex of mine thought it was appropriate behaviour to sleep with someone else during our time together.
    I dumped him immediately....but thinking back, a few swift kicks to the crotch wouldn't have gone amiss :mad::mad:
    No offence bronte but perhaps you should have been looking closer to home before you dumped him. Was the situation that arose really his fault?

As Pigheads granny used to say "If you feed your dog scraps he'll go wandering the streets for some meaty bones"

Pighead..I can ASSURE you it wasn't because of me! He was just an ass.

Pighead..I can ASSURE you it wasn't because of me! He was just an ass.

Hmmm, well there must have been some reason he forsook your bed for someone elses. Because its definitely not like a male to just cheat on his girl just for the hell of it. Lets try and get to teh bottom of this.

1/ Out of 10 what would you rate yourself in regards to the act of making love?

2/ Do you wash regularly?

3/ How often did you make love to your ex boyfriend?

4/ Ona scale of saggy to pert how lovely are your bosoms?

Pighead wrote: »
    Hmmm, well there must have been some reason he forsook your bed for someone elses. Because its definitely not like a male to just cheat on his girl just for the hell of it. Lets try and get to teh bottom of this.

1/ Out of 10 what would you rate yourself in regards to the act of making love?

2/ Do you wash regularly?

3/ How often did you make love to your ex boyfriend?

4/ Ona scale of saggy to pert how lovely are your bosoms?

1) 10
    2)Yes
    3)He had nothing to worry about
    4) Gravity Defying

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Rhyme wrote: »

I can beat you again.....a friend of mine once dumped a girl by text, on phone credit that was texted to him BY HIS DUMPEE!! True story.

And yes.......dumping by text is by far the worst way. It's such a chickens way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I was dumped over the phone....not so bad...but thing was, i found out later that when he'd called e earlier that day he'd intended to do it then....but i was with my friends and they all wanted to talk to him so he had to leave it....

1) 10
    2)Yes
    3)He had nothing to worry about
    4) Gravity Defying
    You're right bronte the man was an ass.And a god damn fool as well.
    PS Pighead loves you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

My best frined is a guy (nothing strange about that!) nine years ago he broke up with me by ringing my friend clare in our Student Flat and telling her that 'its not you its me' over the phone. So technically Clare had to break up with me on his behalf. Spent the night crying and writing a philosophy essay on Descartes that was due the following day. I got an A in it so i felt great. I've never brought up the subject with him since (partly because i'm going on holidays to Canada with him next Easter!!!)

Advertisement