Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NWZ-A818 Volume Limit

Options
  • 11-10-2007 7:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Just got the new Sony walkman after my mp3 player died last week :-(. While this is a great mp3 player so far (no more sonicstage!!), there still seems to be the same old chestnut of a problem. The stupid volume limiter means i can't listen to my music at a decent level!

I know there are some unlocks and hacks to get over this in other players, but after searching google for the last 2 hours i haven't found anything! Does anyone know of anyway to unlock the volume limit on the NWZ-A818??

If anyone does, it really would make my day!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I know on the NW-A818, the version prior to yours which is the same thing apart from Sonicstage, there's an option in the menu's to turn the volume limit off. I know it might seem obvious, but have you looked there?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is the avl on?

I know my A808 is nice and loud with Mylar x3's...

What headphones are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

Thanks for the responses. I have the AVLS (Volume Limit) switched off. Its seems that when i try to increase the volume from say 20 to 30, it doesn't make any difference. Maybe i've gone deaf!!

I had the Sony NWA-3000 before (piece of crap) and remember there was some hack to remove the volume limit.

I'm using the sony MDR-EX71SL headphones. I've used them for years and love them.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

yikes! with my A808 and X3's I would never even need to go as high as 20

Advertisement