Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cpu monitoring+cpu over heating

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Ok, so i'll start this quick and simple. The other night my screen went all messed up. I ran checks on anti virus etc etc and no errors. My laptop does it heat like ant other but i figured it had been on a long time and put it down to overheating. My first question is does anybody know of good software for free to monitor hardware? googled a few but they were useless.

For those who are familiar with My type of laptop, there is button between the internet and power button which slows down and/or stops the fan. The consequence is my cpu starts hitting 90%-100% under minimum load. Why is this?

My laptop is:
    Fujitsu siemans amilo m series M6450G

*edit*
    What is the safe temp for this laptop or laptops in general?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

With any laptop anything over 60/70c is going to kill it. You can buy a laptop cooler from places like pcworld. But dont expect much. If you suspect the laptop is over heating, get a can of compressed air, and blow it in ever oppening you can find. Dust is a real killer for laptops.

It will also be worth upit while to install the latest drivers for all your hardware, you can go to the siemans website for what you need. IF you are still having problems after this contact the people you purchased the laptop from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

ok so wwnt to fujitsu siemens site. plenty of drivers im not sure if i need em or not. how do i check? also how do i know when they're installed?

Advertisement