Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for XPS m1330 owners

Options
  • 11-10-2007 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭

I am one of you - an m1330 owner!

I need to buy a European-style 3-pin plug power cord for my power adaptor (PA-21 family; Model: LA65NS2-00), so I can use it in Ireland. It's not the typical Inspiron/Latitude shape so can someone tell me the part number please?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If I rememver correctly quintron was asking about buying an xps 1330 here so maybe you could drop him a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I don't have my power cable with me at the moment (grrr, left it at home) but perhaps this link might be some help?

http://www.laptoppartsworld.com/xps-m1330-c4639/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Thanks for the replies. I'm still in the dark though:)

Machalla, from the link you provided, does that mean you were shipped a PA-12 adaptor like the one in the picture?? I know they physically work with the m1330 but the PA-21 is half the size and weight. Have Dell been giving European customers stupidly heavy power bricks with their 'ultralight' notebook?:eek:

Also, the PA-12 power cord that goes from the adaptor into the wall is different to the PA-21's...

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

try this link to the dell parts and upgrades section. it has power cords

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=ie&category_id=7051&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs&mfgpid=1182971

ryanmatty wrote: »
    try this link to the dell parts and upgrades section. it has power cords

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=ie&category_id=7051&cs=iedhs1&l=en&s=dhs&mfgpid=1182971

Nope, these are all for the PA-12 too.

• Advertisement

Still not near my power cable but all I can tell you is that the power block itself is fairly small (well relative to some of my other laptops). I'll see if I can find a part number later when I get my hands on it again. The one pictured in the link is larger than the power supply I was provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Looking at my power adapter, the brick (PA21, 65 W-AC) says:
    P/N: NX061
    Model: LA65NS2-00 PA-1650-02DW

That any use to you?

It doesn't look like the one on the page above, the brick is smaller. Can take a pic if you need it.

koneko wrote: »
    Looking at my power adapter, the brick (PA21, 65 W-AC) says:
    P/N: NX061
    Model: LA65NS2-00 PA-1650-02DW

That any use to you?

It doesn't look like the one on the page above, the brick is smaller. Can take a pic if you need it.

Thanks! That's the right adapter but it's the other bit I need - the power cord with the plug on it...

I looked at the packing slip and drew this from it. I can't find the part on the dell site though.

English/Irish Ship Accessories - Power Cord 340-14369

Perhaps it may be of some use.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think the cord had any other numbers on it, no sticker with part numbers in any case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

whats so unusual about it?
    you have the brick, it should be standard kettle or clover, no?

subway wrote: »
    whats so unusual about it?
    you have the brick, it should be standard kettle or clover, no?

No, the female end is some mad Dell proprietary shape.

Anyway, thanks for you help everyone. It looks like they don't offer them separately (or even with the adapter). Must be supply issues and they only want to send them out with new systems...

Case closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

the "2 dots and 1 dot" shape?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polocanada

As far as I know you only need the cord. You can keep the adapter. The cord - you can get it in any electronics super store over there in Europe. That cord has similar 3 pin plug. I presume you are talking about a cord that came with Dell XPS 1330 and you bought it somewhere from Canada or US.
    So you only need the cord and it can cost approx 8-10 dollar.

Polo.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 simplybetter

But we got a few of these in work for the directors (boys and their toys)

and any D series latitude power adapter plugs straight into it and it works fine - charges no problem.

you could pick up a uk/irl power adapter from ebay for any d610/d620 or 400 or 800 series and you should be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

did your m1330 come with slip case and remote control in the express card slot and did you have to select these items sepratley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

did your m1330 come with slip case and remote control in the express card slot and did you have to select these items sepratley
    No, they come as standard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what type of PLUG do you have on the power cable ?
    (appologies if you don't have any cable)
    it would be faster cheaper and more flexible to get an adapter plug that converts from your cable to our 3 pin one,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

sorry did it also come with earbuds/headphones read somewhere that they did??

i ask as i picked up one from Dell Outlet that was about the same price but i needed it fast hence i figured the outlet was my best option.

now i think they've gone and stiffed me on the slip case, remote control and headphones.

it clearly states on the outlet that they sell laptops that are completelty refursbished with a full service pack so i reckon i have a case.

what do you guys think

Advertisement