Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox shutting down

Options
  • 10-10-2007 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

hi all,

hope you can help,

firefox over the last few days has been closing itself down unexpectadlyl,
    I have ran virus sweeps (AVG/AD-aware/spywareBlaster) & removed any problems - still happening.
    Then I removed firefox & reinstalled it - it was working a for an hour or 2 - but now it wont even open - any ideas what could be wrong.

as always, thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

If you've installed any add-ons, disable them all and see if the problem persists.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

the only add-ons i have is the spellcheck & google toolbar, both are off now, thanks for the advice.

no joy, I am afraid. IE7 seems fairly quick though, but I would still prefer firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I am having the same problem actually. I just get the 'firefox has encountered an error.....' message every once in awhile. Especially when downloading. I've tried reinstalling. Still happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Uninstal, delete the folder & run a scan in safe mode, had a trojan a few weeks ago called firefox.exe. Made ff v buggy & caused it 2 crash.

• Advertisement

uninstalled & deleted folder (I didnt realise the folder stayed there after it was uninstalled, & have now realised that there is load of crap there) reinstalled & it seems to be working fine now - although it is only a few mins.

Thanks very much PogMoThoin

Advertisement