Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank lost bank transfer

Options
  • 10-10-2007 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

My father did a bank transfer to the UK 3 weeks ago.
    He was speaking to the company he made the payment to, and they never got it.
    His own bank are being somewhat less than helpful, they originally misled him at least once about how long the transfer would take, and are now insisting it's a mistake in the bank on the far end.
    At this stage he's sick of them, and would happily close his account and send a cheque or something from his new account, but obviously he wants his money back first.

Any suggestions as to how he should proceed? I presume IFSRA would be the regulatory body here - anyone had much luck dealing with them before?

[Note: I'm pretty sure this isn't a scam situation. He's been dealing with the UK company for a number of years, and his bank don't seem to be denying that there's a problem with the transfer, they're just saying it's nothing to do with them]

Advertisement