Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nroken Sony Vioa Screen

Options
  • 10-10-2007 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭

I broke the screen of my laptop last night. can it be easily replaced, are sony the best people to go to? and how much am i looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If its under warranty they are, if not your talking quite the lot of bling bling to get it repaired.
    Worth a try though so I would get in contact with them.If it is under warranty there is the possiblity they wont cover it as you say its yourself who broke it and not the screen becomming faulty...
    In that case you may try and claim it under your house insurance but generally screen replacements are fairly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Thanks for your reply, i contacted Sony and they are quoting me 450 - 550 for a new screen, do i have any other options.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Only other option would be to chance buying a damaged laptop on ebay and fixing it yourself. It's easy enough if you've worked on laptops before. Wouldn't advise it otherwise.

Advertisement