Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying UK tv for use in Ireland

Options
  • 09-10-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am buying a Sony LCD TV and DVD recorder & HDD in the UK at a fraction of the price I would pay here. But someone has said that a UK TV will not work in Ireland due to the different frequencies used. Is this the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the analogue tuner will not work. so you will need ntl digital, sky etc.

also, the tuner in the recorder wont work so again you'll need ntl digital, sky etc to record. and you will have to watch what you're recording as well because the ntl, sky etc decoders can only output 1 signal at a time.

moe

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not too sure tbh, as many TV's seem to just use one tuner, and it is configured based on where you say you are on the Initial Setup screen.

Can you give us the FULL model code? Or do a quick google to see if's the same as the model on sony.ie or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

there was a time when u.k. tvs had a uhf tuner, irish ones had a vhf tuner thats all changed

Advertisement