Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things children say ...

Options
  • 09-10-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Was having a trip down memory lane with the folks recently and my dad told me a story about when i was younger, the first time i tried a curry.

He says he was sitting in the kitchen eating his curry and i kept pestering him to let me try it , i was about 3 and he kept saying no as i wouldnt like it (was a fairly hot one apparantly) Anyway after much pestering , he gives in and lets me have a tiny bit on a chip.

Next thing im crying my eyes out and screamed at him :"What did you do that for ???"

Found that funny , any body have similar/funny childhood storys ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ah the things kids say. My lad told me to fcuk off this morning. They're so cute at that age (16) arent they! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ah kids.... they should all be killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

deswalsh wrote:
    Ah the things kids say. My lad told me to fcuk off this morning. They're so cute at that age (16) arent they! :(

pwned

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,013 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Orange69 wrote:
    pwned
    Eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

One of the funniest things my young lad said to me about the fat neighbour next door.

"Da...how come the man next door is loads of skinnys!!!

Well done son:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

deswalsh wrote:
    If you think thats bad. My 12-year-old cousin calls his Mam a w***e and a b**** regularly. He also goes around calling people handicaps. He has an awful tongue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Brian017 wrote:
    If you think thats bad. My 12-year-old cousin calls his Mam a w***e and a b**** regularly. He also goes around calling people handicaps. He has an awful tongue. :(

Is he from Limerick?

The-Rigger wrote:
    Is he from Limerick?

Well done.. very original.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Orange 69 - Attempting to + his postcount since Oct 2006.

To do Biko's dirty job, there is another thread about this named "My Mammy's a bisexual".

However heres my contribution, same(more or less) as in the other thread:

A while back my mam put the left overs from dinner into a bowl and clingfilmed it before she sat down for dinner.

As she put the bowl in the fridge she said "I'll save this for nuking" - as in the microwave.

My lil bro, eyes alert now, calls out "Whos nuking?"

:D

• Advertisement

Orange69 wrote:
    Well done.. very original.. :rolleyes:

Thanks. It was a real question, it's a popular insult down there.

Trying using the :rolleyes: more appropriately in future. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My 3yr niece keeps pointing at the man next door and say 'he's bald, he's bald', which is hysterical since he only takes his wig off when he's working in the back garden.

My 2yr nephew keeps running around the house shouting 'pussy, pussy' after the cat, makes me laugh anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Whenever I was about 11 I called my parents mother****ers. The reason for this was because the first band I got into was Guns n Roses. My cat had kittens and there was a runty wee kitten that was small, weak and sick and all the other kittens would kick it away from the ma's tits so it was ****ed. My dad deposited said kitten in a river for its own good whilst I was at school. I came home and asked where the kitten was and was told "Daddy has dealt with the kitten". It was then that I uttered my expletive. They didn't seem to mind on that occasion as I was clearly in the middle of the grieving process and could not be responsible for my actions.

Brother in law was telling this joke about two gays in a phone box "givin each other a ring" four year old nephew pipes up" but there is only one phone"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

The-Rigger wrote:
    Is he from Limerick?
    Nah, he isn't. Though he practically lives on the street so that might explain a lot

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Little niece aged 3 was walking down the street with here mother, there was 3 teenagers, say 17 or 18, and as she past them she said to the "cute boys", my sister nearly collapsed.

Then 2 weeks ago her baby sister was messing with her stuff and threw down her doll on the ground, she turned to her and said "I don't like your attitude"

A funny woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

when i was about 4-5 i loved batman and theres a scene in one of the films where he says "your gonna jail" and i thought he said "you connage"(watching it these days i dont know where i got it from) and i asked my family what a connage was and when they would all laugh i would cry and play the tape over and over again saying "see! he said connage!! please tell me what it is!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

A friend of mine was looking after her 7 year old nephew, who had developed a nasty habit of picking his nose. To deter him from doing this she told him that if he kept it up he would get a fat belly. Anyway, later that day they were on the bus into town and a pregnant woman got on the bus and sat across from them.
    The little lad looked at her for a while and then loudly announced "I know what she's been doing to get that fat belly!" :eek:

bronte wrote: »
    A friend of mine was looking after her 7 year old nephew, who had developed a nasty habit of picking his nose. To deter him from doing this she told him that if he kept it up he would get a fat belly. Anyway, later that day they were on the bus into town and a pregnant woman got on the bus and sat across from them.
    The little lad looked at her for a while and then loudly announced "I know what she's been doing to get that fat belly!" :eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mawg

Really embarassed my mam on a train when I was about 4 or 5. A bald chap sat opposite to us, so I tapped my mam on the shoulder and said rather loudly (apparently) "Look mammy, that mans hair is broken!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement