Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vostro. Help?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. Looking for a lappy and just put this together? Value for money? any worthwhile upgrades?

BASE Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Business - English
    HARDWARE SUPPORT Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
    LCD 14.1" Wide Screen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife™
    INTEGRATED WEBCAM Matte Jet Black without Camera
    MEMORY 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    HARD DRIVE 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive edit
    GRAPHICS CARD 128MB nVidia® GeForce® 8400M GS with 90 watt AC adapter
    OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
    PRIMARY BATTERY Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)

Thats 883?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is that including vat and delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

yes. Wouldnt Mind a hp either. I want it for college but would like it to be able to handle the odd game here and there with nice graphics. a friends DV9000 seemed great on games. Is Core2 Duo much better than Core duo or am i talking crap?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well the vostro is going to be the cheapest you're going to get. The core 2 duo is a good deal better than the core duos. If you want to game you should really be looking at an 8600gt.

Here is a vostro with a 15.4" screen and an 8600gt. The rest of the spec is the same.

ye a grand isnt 100% out of the question. Just was kind of hoping to get second hand or maybe out of the outlet. Was interested in Macbook but i want games

Knock the warranty down to a one year and it should bring it to about €850ish.

• Advertisement

there was no warranty included there

oh wait i lie. Thats pretty perfect

sei046 wrote:
    oh wait i lie. Thats pretty perfect

You might want to upgrade the battery to a nine cell. It should only be an extra €20 or so.

stupid question but that has wireless?

Saw it there sorry

• Advertisement

sei046 wrote:
    stupid question but that has wireless?

Yup it's got wifi, it doesn't have bluetooth though.

almighty you've been a gent, Hopefully will order that tomorrow evening. How long does delievery take?

sei046 wrote:
    almighty you've been a gent, Hopefully will order that tomorrow evening. How long does delievery take?

No bother man, dell should really start paying me for this. :D

Delivery is kinda all over the place. HavoK ordered one (a vostro 1500 very similar to yours) and it was delivered within a week. I ordered a vostro 1000 and it has been in pre-production for nearly a week. :(

now to find a way to make the bloody yoke half nice looking. Dells are unmercifully boring

This should help.

Paint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Ont the 1500 a 9 cell battery will stick out a bit. Also, check out the Dell thread in bargain alerts for a code that should knock some money off for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Just on the delivery...
    Ordered a vostro 1500 on the 27th Sep and had an expected delivery date of the 9th Oct.
    Then got an email to say it would be delayed til the 18th Oct but it arrived today (10th Oct).

And re. the 9 cell battery - it does stick out a little but you'd get over it. In fact you'd hardly notice. And it'd be worth it for the extra battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭maco

Quick question, how long (hours) does a 9 cell battery last ?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dariukas

for browsing around 5-7hours my friend told me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Using 9 cell on my 1500, after 2.5 hours usage, mostly MS word and some light browsing, on medium screen brightness, still 65% battery left

• Advertisement
Advertisement