Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for inexpensive way to ship package to the U.S

Options
  • 09-10-2007 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi,

I got an Acer 22" Monitor from the U.S which broke yesterday. I believe its the power board because even the 'ON' Led is not working anymore. I talked to Acer UK and they said they can't honor my warranty bc. its a monitor from the U.S

So I have 2 choices they said I can send them the monitor for 55pounds to the U.K which includes shipping and them figuring out whats wrong with it + 45pounds for the power board if thats the problem. They said labor is included.

My second choice is to send it to a friend in the U.S. and have them fix it there. I checked An-post and its Euro100 for the cheapest package to the U.S for 7kg which is pretty ridicules. I don't really care how long it takes bc i have a replacement monitor I just want it as cheap as possible. Are there any other mail services in Ireland that ship it cheaper?

Parcel has to be about 55cm x 40cm x 15 cm to fit in the monitor.

P.S. My last choice would be to just order the power board and try to put it in myself. Of course there are 2 risks about it. First I am not 100% sure if its the powerboard + I don't know how difficult it is to replace?

Thanks for

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Messy one :D , my choice would be neither, I would go and buy a new one, should pick up something I imagine for 300-400ish that will be similar spec, you will also have a 1 year guarantee with it which you wont with your own when you go to the expense of having it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Buying a new one would be my last choice especially because prices in europe are nuts. I paid like 180euro for this if u take todays exchange rate. In Europe it costs nearly twice as much.

Before I do that I would just order the power inverter (I think thats what its called). I have to put this question in the technology section also. They probably know more about this.

Just looking for a cheaper way to ship to the the U.S. besides An-post. I'd prefer ground shipping (by ship) but An-post doesn't even offer it at all.

Thanks

Advertisement