Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit History Check?

Options
  • 09-10-2007 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

http://www.dataprivacy.ie/ViewDoc.asp?fn=/documents/rights/2b.htm&CatID=19&m=r

You can now apply online for the same fee (€6):

https://secure.icb.ie/cr_personal.jsp

Make absolutely sure you include every address and variant of address. You'll likely get one "report" per address.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I requested mine to discover that the only creditors to make use of the facility were the various credit card companies I've been with, it was all very dissapointing really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bekz09

does anyone know how to repair your credit history? can't get credit anywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah, pay your bills. If you can't get credit anywhere there's probably a very good reason and it's probably for the better.

I think credit history lasts 5 years, so in 5 years (if you stay clean) you'll be OK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Depends on what they mean by "repair" though; i.e. is the damage self-inflicted or erronous? If the former, jor el is right, you'll just need to behave yourself and live without credit for a few years. If the latter though, you should get a copy of your credit record and make sure it's 100% accurate. If it's not, you'll need to get onto the organisation that filed erronous information and get it corrected.

I tend to recommend that people get a copy of their credit record every 2 or 3 years anyway, it only costs a few quid and a little bit of time, and it could pay off in the long run. I'll be getting a mortgage in the next few years, so I'll be watching mine like a hawk. Just ordered a copy today in fact!

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement