Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental entitlements.

Options
  • 09-10-2007 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Could someone please tell me exactly what a person is entitled to under Dental entitlements please.

Some personal details. I was away for a year, I worked in Australia for six months, all fully through the books.

This means I have a 12 month gap from Aug 05 - Sept 06 where I didn't work in Ireland. Will this make a difference?

I'm 27, 28 in November, and have been paying stamps since I was 17.

If I book an appointment can I say to the dentist "I want everything I'm entitled to as a tax payer, and no more, until I decide if I want to pay for it or not" ?

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Ring 1890 400 400 ext 4480 and have your rsi no. ready

They will tell you what your entitled to. You might have to get a print out of amounts of prsi paid by you from your employer from the start of the year to present.

Be prepaired for a wait on the phone though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

RE: Contributions for Treatment Benefits (Dental Benefit)

A person must have a certain number of PRSI contributions paid to qualify for Treatment Benefit.

PRSI Classes A, E, H and P are reckonable for Treatment Benefit. The PRSI conditions vary according to age.

If a person is aged 25 to 65 - 260 weeks PRSI paid since first starting work and 39 weeks PRSI paid or credited in the tax year on which the claim is based.

In the case of the 39 weeks paid or credited, a minimum of 13 weeks must be paid contributions in:

the relevant tax year(s) on which the claim is based
    OR
    either one of the two previous tax years
    OR
    any tax year subsequent to the relevant tax year.

Claims made in 2007 are based on the 2005 contribution year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks for that.

Hmm, I went away at the beginning of August 2005, jaysis, I'm going to miss out on the entitlements.

FFS, I go away for a few months and lose out on entitlements I've built up since 1996. Brutal stuff altogether.

Typical, I have to go to the dentist tomorrow.:mad:

Sorry Pet, i'm short a bout a years worth of stamps my self and need 2 fillings (still putting the dentist on the long finger!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sorry Pet,

:D

I wasn't looking for sympathy, but thanks anyway.:)

They had a form for me to sign, from the Social Welfare, I filled it in anyway, see what happens.

I'll ring that number in the morning I think, see what they say.

Thanks again.

Oh and sorry for the aggro sounding last post, I was in severe pain last night.

• Advertisement

Teeth are an absolute bugger when they give trouble. Hope it owks out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Teeth are an absolute bugger when they give trouble. Hope it owks out for you.

And that's the TOOTH :D:D

Advertisement