Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishbroadband DD

Options
  • 09-10-2007 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Question: Can Irishbroadband setup a direct debit from your credit card without asking you?

I contact them about 6-7 weeks ago and paid my invoice over the phone.
    I called them again today to clear the most recent ones but the girl on the phone said it was ok, they had already been cleared automatically from my credit card. I asked which card and she called out the last 4 digits of the card I don't like using anymore.

I did a search through the PDF copy of their terms and conditions and it doesn't mention that they can set this up themselves if they like.

Should I mention this to them?

Thanks
    irish

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi all,

Question: Can Irishbroadband setup a direct debit from your credit card without asking you?

I contact them about 6-7 weeks ago and paid my invoice over the phone.
    I called them again today to clear the most recent ones but the girl on the phone said it was ok, they had already been cleared automatically from my credit card. I asked which card and she called out the last 4 digits of the card I don't like using anymore.

I did a search through the PDF copy of their terms and conditions and it doesn't mention that they can set this up themselves if they like.

Should I mention this to them?

Thanks
    irish

no they can not set this up without asking you but they may claim they asked you in your 1st call to them and that you gave permission. contact them and tell them they do not and never did hav permission to use that credit card, it would probably help if you had an alternative method of payment to offer them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭irishproduce

True, I used to pay them by DD through my bank but they made 2 mistakes within the first year and I stopped it after that and just started calling them with the card when I was ready.
    I just thought it was very cheeky of them to do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

True, I used to pay them by DD through my bank but they made 2 mistakes within the first year and I stopped it after that and just started calling them with the card when I was ready.
    I just thought it was very cheeky of them to do this

haha more illegal than cheeky! hope they respond well to your new instruction.

Advertisement