Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB credit card, direct debit before statement received

Options
  • 09-10-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I currently have a AIB business credit card which according to their T&Cs must be paid in full by DD each month.

This morning I checked my online banking and saw a DD for 2.5k gone out for the card payment but I had not received any statement advising me of how much I owed. I was forunate that there was just enough in to cover it. But if there was not enough funds I would be facing bank charges and unauthourised OD fees etc.

Is this practice of DD before a statement acceptable?

Edit: Postman has just handed me my statment dated 3rd of October! The statement balance matches the DD. I still think that this is bad form from AIB. :( Would this be classed as sharp practice?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It depends - if they posted the statement in time, and it was delayed in the post, that's outside of their control unfortunately. What's the normal time between you getting your statement and the balance being collected from the account?

If it was only posted on the 3rd and debited on the 9th, it doesn't seem to give much leeway

Advertisement