Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus Sale

Options
  • 09-10-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

usa_mp.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Here are some serious savings with american airlines ( Seems a lot cheaper than aerlingus) For example

Return to Chicago 1st Nov to 14th ( includes all taxes and charges)

American airlines = €386 ( and take 15% off, see below)
    Aer lingus =€499.99

For all offers including Mexico via Dallas for 681 return on the same date see:
    http://www.americanairlines.ie/content/ie/specialOffers/fareSale.jhtml;jsessionid=WSAUUNJ55H4TREAJJMKU1EEQBFFUOVMD
    Book by Oct 31st

Book with your mastercard and get an additional 15% off
    http://www.mastercard.com/ie/personal/en/specialoffers/travel/offer_aa.html

Bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

I bought a 5% off voucher for AA.com off some guy on ebay also for $6.

It turned out to be actually about 3.5% in the end but still saved a few quid.

For the price Aer Fungus are charging i got to the midwest : )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,534 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Those Aer Lingus prices are definitely not a bargain considering that the dollar is at an all time low.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 alicec

Who would fly Aer Fungas when strikes are looming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Take €50 off those fares and then maybe it would be a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Just booked great deal with KLM.
    Cork-Amsterdam-Atlanta return 489 return including taxes etc. (something like 244 fare plus 244 taxes and charges!)
    Presume same deal would apply ex Dublin, and for other US cities.
    We are going out on Dec 14, back on 28th. Seemed to be no problem with availability + or - a few days from there. Price does go up on 15th but not to silly levels.
    Magic to be coming back in to Cork, bhoy, and not have the hassle of Dumpland or Thiefrow.
    db

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The good thing about Aer Lingus is they fly direct to these cities.. KLM for instance goes the wrong direction to Amsterdam first.

Anyway yes with all the strike problems.. i booked my tickets to Chicago for June on Ebookers and fly BMI to London then Virgin Atlantic. A longer way of getting there but was a little cheaper and Virgin should be a better experience.

Ever since Aer Lingus put on that fuel surcharge of €80 each way per person you cant get the bargains any more.. I used to fly to Chicago at Christmas or thanksgiving for under €600 for two adults!

Advertisement