Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop insurance

Options
  • 08-10-2007 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

Anybody know where I could get insurance for a laptop ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

you could get it covered on your house insurance ?

But are you talking about getting it repaired or robbed ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Repair? Warranty extension from manufacturer. Toshiba's are grand and inexpensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

most house insurance policies will cover it. but dont forget there is the standard excess.
    also you would need to prove the laptop got robbed / broken inside the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭culabula88

thanks for the replies.

I have it insured on the house insurance , but this only covers it when its inside the house and stolen under a forced entry.

Ill be using it mostly away at college so want it insured in case its stolen from my house in college.

I think there is a company which does student contents insurance but i cant remember the name of it.

Anybody know the name of a company which does students contents insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Laptop_Insurance/cat.asp
    ^^ this one is for laptops on their own.

this one targets students directly, both laptops, and everything else you can think of.
    http://www.cover4insurance.com/ireland/index.html?gclid=CIuN-NbHh48CFQ7dlAodhB4iuw

PREMIUM
    Posessions up to €5000 €69.00
    Laptop Computer Equipment up to €2000 €80.00
    ALL RISKS: SPECIFIED ITEMS
    No Items
    Total Premium: €149.00

• Advertisement
Advertisement