Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match 3 in lotto?!

Options
  • 08-10-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey, not sure if this is the right place but i'll give it a bash...

Ive two lotto tickets here that i thought i had won a fiver and a scratch card but the people in superquinn and the lotto website keep telling me ive won nothing...

Sept 26 lotto plus 1 numbers were 04 05 06 37 43 45 Bonus 36. My numbers were 04 24 33 35 36 37 so as far as i can see i had three numbers 04 36 37 and going by the pdf of rules on lotto.ie i should have won a scratchcard but the lotto machine says no.

Sept 29 main lotto numbers were 02 14 15 20 27 40 Bonus 23. My numbers were 06 14 23 25 27 34 so again as far as i can see i had 14 23 27 and i should have won €5 but again no payout!

Am i missing something here or am i complete moron?! I know i am using the bonus number in both cases but i cannot see any mention on the lotto website to say that matching 3 numbers cannot include the bonus, all literature I have read just says match 3. theres no contact address on the website and the foreign girl in superquinn just keep saying "i do what the machine tells me!"

I know the money is only tiny but its wrecking my head more that i cannot understand the rules!!:eek: Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

I don't have a copy of the rules(plus i couldn't be bothered reading them) but I thought the bonus ball only came into play once you had 3 numbers, so the minimum needed to win is 3 + the bonus ball, and not the 2 +bonus ball which you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

no 3 numbers will win you the scratchcard or euro amount alright it has nothing to do with the bonus ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Hey bill, thanks for that, i had assumed that was the case and it was only when the results thingy on the net and teletext that said "Match 3" that i thought i had won! ah well, back to the day job!

Edit: ok muppterkiller now Im confused! I think ill leave it to a case of computer says no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

your logic is wrong the bonus number isn't counted in the 3 numbers.
    You're counting the bonus as one of the main numbers which is incorrect. what you actually had on 26th was 2 Number + the Bonus same on the 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Ok, cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement