Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell order and delivery question

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi folks
    Last Sunday, 30th Sept, thanks to reading great things about them on here, I ordered a Vostro. As of today its still in pre-preproduction. Ive never bought off Dell before and after ringing them twice the only response I get is that the actual manufacturing only takes a few hours. Which is fair enough, but to be honest I thought Id have it by now. Either way the delivery date hasnt changed its on or before the 11th October. Is this normal? To have something stuck in pre production for so long? Anyone else in a similar situation? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I know that some of the other Dell Laptops are having major delays as in taking over 6 weeks to get them (Inspiron 1520s) but I haven't heard about any delays with the Vostros, I hope not anyway because I've ordered one myself and its EDD is the 26th of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I ordered mine on the 29th and got it last Friday. Did you order it with anything unusual? Maybe there's a delay for certain parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭wiseolsham

No, nothing unusual. Opted for true life and Xp Pro. I just find it hard that it will be delivered by the 11th. Built and shipped in 3 days......

Is Dell's order status system bang up to date with whats going on, or is it days behind?

When I ordered, the amount for the laptop appeared as unposted transactions on my credit card statement. I checked my balance online just now and its disappeared. No DELL transaction. I phoned the CC company who say Dell have not done a pre-authorisation or anything of the likes.

It seems my order is in limbo at the moment. Not impressed with my first and what more than likely will be at this stage, my last transaction with Dell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

wiseolsham wrote:
    When I ordered, the amount for the laptop appeared as unposted transactions on my credit card statement. I checked my balance online just now and its disappeared. No DELL transaction. I phoned the CC company who say Dell have not done a pre-authorisation or anything of the likes.

It seems my order is in limbo at the moment. Not impressed with my first and what more than likely will be at this stage, my last transaction with Dell.

Have you checked with Dell that your cc company have approved the transaction?

In spite of checking with my cc company in advance of the transaction (that everything was ok with my account) mine was rejected for security reasons!!! Dell emailed me about this and I had to contact the cc company (Ulster Bank by the way!) who were quite arrogant about this said it was an abnormal transaction (as if buying a computer was something people did every day) and they reserved the right to reject any transaction pending contacting the customer etc etc even if the customer had contacted them in advance of the transaction!!!

So much for all those cc adverts where everything progesses smoothly!!

Cost me a fortune in phone calls as I was away in Europe last week.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replies. I just sent Dell and email about an hour and a bit ago and now, the status says its in production. Maybe Im a bit too anxious with the whole thing, but it still seems ridiculous the carry on, particuarly from such a large company!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

I tried emailing them before about a previous order I had placed which was being delayed, never got a response. I would phone them, but they will try and fob you off, the Dell CSR's are not the best to deal with.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Does anyone know how long delivery actually takes? My status says that it was dispatched last Friday:
    Your order is currently with the carrier and a detailed status on your delivery should be available shortly.

No change in that message for a couple of days - carrier is Interlink.
    For more information − including updates on your Estimated Delivery Date − follow the link to the carrier’s web site.

There is no link to the website?

Advertisement