Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend me a laptop

Options
  • 07-10-2007 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

I want to get a new laptop for christmas - but I'm not much of a tech head so I'm asking you people which one I should get.

The price range is around £500 this year as we've just moved. I want it to have quite good memory (to store alot of songs, movies and games on), also with a version of Vista on it (don't mind which) and it must look good lol.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is that 500 sterling or did you mean to say euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Troublesome

Brithish Pounds - UK money.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Here you go. Drop the warranty down to a one year and it will come to £528 with delivery and vat. Here's the spec.

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5470 Processor (1.6GHz,800MHz,2MB L2 cache)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Business - English
    Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
    15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display
    Matte Jet Black without Camera
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    160GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    128MB nVidia® GeForce® 8400M GS
    Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    Primary 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (56 WHr)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Brithish Pounds - UK money.

What's that in real money?

Advertisement