Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed Please !

Options
  • 07-10-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

Here's the story...
    bought a laptop off Dell 18 months ago, and after about 8 months it stopped working, returned it and they replaced the KEYBOARD. worked fine on return, but now (6/8 months after the warranty period) the keyboard is playing up and the final straw is now 2 of the keys have popped up and wont sit right now !

Question 1, Do I have any comeback regarding the law and "fit for use" even though the warranty is UP ?

Question 2, If yes, what way should I handle it ??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

you had a fault with it and they repaired it and you accepted the repair at the time so you can't really argue that one, though with that said "any repairs made should be permanent" but you'll need to argue that one with Dell.

I'd say your looking at a repair charge from Dell or if your negotiation skills are good then you might get a free repair from them on the basis of the same fault re-occuring.

definitely at this stage the chances of a replacement or refund are slim and / or none IMHO

Advertisement