Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good deal? Seems so...

Options
  • 05-10-2007 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭

http://cms.gericom.com/newsletter/newsletter05102007/newsletter_en.html

Check out that laptop, spec seems pretty high for the price? I'm not too familiar with all the specology so would appreciate some input from the wise.

Gericom, not known very well but they had a laptop in Aldi about 2 years back. I got one and it had a problem that it would randomly turn itself off. I think I got a Blue Screen of Death too? Can't be certain of that. I returned it and had the same problem with the replacement. But other than that it was fine and I'm sure they've sorted that problem if it was on a batch of them:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

You're overlooking one thing - prices are quoted ex VAT! Definitely not good value

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

If it's excluding vat then it's terrible value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ok thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't say terrible value for money but definitely not a bargain or anything

edit: depends on how much vat is. cos I just saw a 42" HD tv for 630 exc. vat. so it must be very high. in which case, anything more then 100 or so euro would make the laptop poor value

Advertisement