Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't use centregold.ca to buy your egold

Options
  • 05-10-2007 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

I signed up to this site but did not fill in my address details at the time of signing up as i was about to move house (i have since decided not to move).
    I then set up a transaction, it states clearly on the site that a transaction can be set up and will not be actioned until the link in the confirmation email is clicked. I waited a few days before clicking the link as I was waiting for funds to get to my credit card.
    I got sent another verification email and then i got called by one of their representatives whom I explained my situation to and provided with my address.
    The next day i looked in on the account, my address had not been added so i added it myself.
    The following day the funds I was waiting for hit my credit card so i clicked the verification link in the email. When I went to the site however my account was marked as blocked and my transaction marked as fraudulent.
    Over the course of the next two weeks i sent five or six emails to support@centregold.ca some from my contact email address and some from the "contact us" page on the site and received no response whatsoever. There is a "my messages" section in the account page for contacting the support team but it is broken, it insists that the recipient line be filled in but this line is pre-populated with the word "support" and is not changeable.
    After two weeks I closed my account using the close account button in my profile on the site, almost immediately i received an automated mail to tell me my account had been closed. Now more than a week later it has still not been closed as is evidenced by the fact that i can still log into it.
    The day before yesterday I logged into the account and removed my address and phone number from it. I don't know if the company has closed down and just the website is still running or if they just can't be bothered answering emails but either way it has been a big waste of my time and one of the worst cases of an unprofessionally and incompetently run service that I have seen from any modern internet based business.

Advertisement