Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant find the special eidtion DVD in region 2?

Options
  • 05-10-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

Cdwow have it but only in german/english and amazon.co.uk only have it in region 1.

i thought this wasent out till november im all conufsed and stuff and i need to order a few copies, the more sales the better it looks for a sequel!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

why dont you get the german englich ones? I have german english Buffy set and they are perfect. All in english for menus etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

OK, i will, ill do that right now actually

Ah i remember why now because the box art with the german version is bollox the US region 1 DVD looks the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

As far as I am aware Region 1 is the only area where the collectors edition has been released

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I could be wrong but alot of the DVD extras that were on teh Region 2 DVD werent on the reg 1...thats why they get a special edition, to include the extras they didnt get before.
    I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...although it could have been about a different movie! o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

I have both versions: the German 2 disc special edition, and the US 2 disc Collectors Edition.

The German one is automatically in English. It has:

Dolby 5.1 surround track
    Anamorphic 2.35:1 video
    Feature Commentary with the Man Himself, Joss Whedon
    A couple of docs---nothing too major, but entertaining and enlightening to the miracle of a film being made out of the ashes of a murdered Tv show
    Deleted scenes
    PLUS

Second disc with EXTRA deleted scenes and a 20 min Q and A after the preview in Australia

The US one is nigh-on identical EXCEPT

It doesn't have the EXTRA deleted scenes
    It doesn't have the Q and A
    It does, however, have a DTS surround track---I'm an audiophile so this is magic
    And it has the River Tam Sessions---a series of low-budget clips of River and a doctor (played by Joss Whedon) showing her lethal capabilities

If I was to pick one of the two it'd be the US for the DTS. However the Q and A, although not rewatchable, is entertaining. Maybe you could, ahem, acquire it say online...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

no, i think ill buy them both, the more copeis of firefly and serenity i buy the better i feal about not being part of the orginal browncoat crusade because i only became aware of firefly after its cancellation.

Advertisement