Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless on a Laptop

Options
  • 05-10-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know if you can run the tiny mmc/sd wifi cards on laptops?

I know their specifically designed for pda's, phones etc. but I've a laptop with no wireless and both the usb an pcmcia wireless adaptors seem way to awkward (already had one of each:( )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Whats the make and model of laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

Targa Visionary xp-210, a LIDL one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30,067 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I would say not...

but if you had a card reader that supported sdio(which i think is how these cards work), and if you had drivers for your operating system then it should be possible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I would also say not...youy could open the laptop and see does it have the connection to add-in an internal wireless card,some laptops hsip with no onboard wireless but still have the connector slot on the motherboard to allow you to install one. I would think your laptop doesn't though...Looks like you might be stuck with ocmcia or usb wireless adaptors.

Advertisement