Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Programs For 2 years travel

Options
  • 05-10-2007 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

hi,
    going to travel the world early next year and trying to get my mind as to what programs i want to bring on my laptop(panasonic cf-4w)
    i am thinking
    adobe suite.....
    ms word

i know does not seem important but i feel it is..

just any ideas what i need , thanks

also one more thing does anyone own this laptop? i would like to upgrade the hard drive to 120gb, but online people have said the present one has anti shock gel all over the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Maybe

Netstumbler - Look for wi-fi hotspots
    Skype or some IM client
    Google Earth
    VLC Media Player - Plays pretty much everything
    And maybe set up a VPN with Hamachi or something so that you'll be able to remote connect to your computer back home (if you have another):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Theres only one website you'll need and an internet connection
    www.filehippo.com
    They have everything you need (not Warez) all freeware and trials and always have the latest upto date versions of all the programs.
    Its the holy grail for any software you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

thanks a million

Netstumbler i like it... ok i know your not going to like this but i there a program to figure out the wep in an airport? or some program i can piggyback to use the network? would be handy...

danielle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Since you are of a generous nature and would like to do free free security tests while you're waiting around , the easiest/best way would be to install say debianOS too.
    When you turn on your laptop it would give you a choice of which Operating System you want to run. This would be a good idea for a few reasons , the other OS has more tools for your generous free security tests and if you got a virus etc on the original OS , you should be able to boot into the other one and save the day.

em i am lost..... tell me more last poster... security tester of airport/hotel wlans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

... ok i know your not going to like this but i there a program to figure out the wep in an airport? danielle

looks like you want to do free security tests of wlans in airports while you're passing through ;)

yes yes... network stumbler? net sniffer? any bells?

Advertisement