Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Store Problem!!

Options
  • 04-10-2007 9:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just bought 3 razors (Gillette Fusion) the non powered ones and at the end of the receipt I got charged Stores the "Producer recycling fund" charges for a Gillette product 3 times. Now I brought it to the attention of staff and basically I was told that because it was compatible with the Fusion Power Blades that I got charged that PRF charge and nothing is going to be done about it. Is this right??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If it's not powered, you shouldn't have to pay the PRF.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats exactly what I said but the shift manager said "Did you have to pay it" and I said yes but she just said oh I will have a word with the manager tomorrow and see if its right. Took no details just left me on my merry way!! I am tempted to go into the manager tomorrow myself as its mispricing on their part or something else!!

byte

Go back in tomorrow and get the PRF money you paid refunded. It's not a waste electrical item.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was thinking that myself, the store in question is Tesco and I believe they have policies for this but I don't know what they are.

byte

I think Tesco's policy is if the item is mispriced, you get the item refunded in full (free item). Not sure if this applies if it's incorrect PRF charge, but it does mean the item is mispriced.

• Advertisement

Thats byte, I will pop into the manager tomorrow and see what he says.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Let us know how you get on - I kept a receipt back for that very reason .

EDIT: according to http://www.weeeireland.ie/downloads/Categorylisting4.0.pdf - electric razors (Section 2.3) have a zero charge...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Play them at their own game. If their is a charge they'll have to take the old ones back.

Keep each blade as you use them, shave your legs, back, sack and crack. Then bring them back next time you go in to buy more blades.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What's a store? Isn't that an American thing? What happened to good old shops?

dahamsta wrote:
    What's a store? Isn't that an American thing? What happened to good old shops?

Why bother replying when you have nothing useful to say!! Post reported!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement