Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITunes Problems

Options
  • 04-10-2007 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Have windows vista 64 bit installed on my laptop and i'm having conflicts with iTunes, i cant burn cds and have updated my cd drive drivers etc

When i open itunes i get the message:

'Warning-iTunes was not installed properly. If you wish to import or burn cds you need to reinstall itunes' I have tryed to reinstall but nothing has changed

When i go to burn a cd i get the message:

Disc burner or software not installed But I have updated drivers for cd drive and nero software installed

I cannot update my itunes properly either

When i run diagnostics in iTunes i get the message:

Microsoft Windows Vista Professional (Build 6000)
    Dell Inc. MXG061
    iTunes 7.4.2.4
    CD Driver Not Available
    CD Driver DLL
    UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM

Current user is not an administrator.

Video Display Information:

NVIDIA, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

Connected Device Information:

Disk drive, SAMSUNG HM160JI ATA Device, Channel 0, Target 0, Lun 0
    CD-ROM Drive, Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device, Channel 1, Target 0, Lun 0

Some computers need an update to the ATA or IDE bus driver, or Intel chipset. If iTunes has problems recognizing CDs or hanging or crashing while importing or burning CDs, check the support site for the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard.

Failed while scanning for CD / DVD drives, error 2355.
    Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

D: Unsupported CD or DVD drive.
    Virtual drives can sometimes interfere with reading and writing CDs in iTunes. If this is a virtual drive and you are having problems with other drives, try uninstalling the virtual CD application.

I would really apprecaite some guidance on this. Thanks

Advertisement