Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative VS Archos - aaaand, best place to buy?!

Options
  • 04-10-2007 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

all the archos models ending on 4 are last generation, 405, 605 and 705 are the new models. Hotmp3gear's site does indeed look terrible, but I got my 605 off them and was delivered in under a week. I thinks theres big shortage of the 160gb version atm so there hard to find (theres no 120gb yet). I'm delighted with mine as it does everything I want a pmp for. Only problem is you might have to pay customs duty if you buy from the states.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

the 704 is supposedly very buggy and archos havent and probably wont fix the problems, check here for more info

http://forum.archosfans.com/index.php

The 605 is no ipod but its no brick either, fits in my pocket but its not something i'd bring around in my pocket tbh!

theres no such thing as a 120gb 605, just 4gb,30gb,40gb,80gb and 160gb. If you have a wireless router, id definitely go for the 605. Can stream stuff from the net with the 30 euro web browser plugin aswell as stream xvids etc from your pc (no plugin needed for that). Check youtube, lots of videos of the 605 aswell as creative vision's in action. Any portable video player that plays xvid is great!

Advertisement