Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGA: Season 4, Episode 4: Doppleganger [WARNING SPOILERS]

Options
  • 04-10-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

For those who are unware this episode was leaked onto Itunes.

Anyway i havent seen it yet ill watch when i get home but i just wanted to get a topic going with a poll and such to let others know.

Rate This Episode 18 votes

Amazing
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    5% 1 vote
    Ok
    50% 9 votes
    Bad
    27% 5 votes
    Terrible
    16% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

i thought this episode was very good, the idea has been kinda used in sg-1 but they changed it a little bit but in the end was a very good episode and makay was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

It was good for a filler. I like the way they show windows and views of the city now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought it was good.
    I liked the way they referenced the sg1 episode.
    They were aware people would spot the reusing of an old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was a decent enough episode but tbh it wasent a great filler, it all seemed so forced or something i dont know anyway still 6/10

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Alright Ep, Amanda Tappings character looks very dry. Don't know how this will work out tell ya the truth.

Evil John was cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

i liked it, alot of nice little jokes ("you think some guy typing away at his computer is making us do this"), and good to see a bit more of jewel staite.

On the downside, Carter is starting to get on my nerves, i really hope they don't keep referencing SG1 and all that. Or worse still, have carters all-knowing Dell laptop shipped to her so she can solve everything using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Christ that sucked. Carter's still a lost little girl, who speaks like an extra from Friends, rather than being a Colonel in the Air Force in charge of an expedition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really enjoyed the episode. I didnt mind Carter, and seeing the new Doc a bit more is always nice. Some of the dreams were pretty cool, and Sheppard makes areally cool half wraith guy (as he did in season 2). Keep em coming i say. Much better then the newer SG1 episodes.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I enjoyed this one too and thought there was a nice balance of the characters sharing screen time - the best struck so far this season.

I also think that it makes sense for Carter to recall what's happened to her on her own missions: a commander should be using their experience in their position and I immediately thought of "The Gamekeeper" when they mentioned simulations.
    One thing about Carter taking charge though - Weir was there originally as she was non-military and they thought Atlantis would benefit from that. Has the position on earth shifted to give military command?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Didnt really like it.

The story was lifted straight out of the star trek voyager episode "the thaw", right down to the fixation on fear, they really could have left that out, made it really blatant.

Did like all the new visuals and it was good to see major lorne back in the series, i think his character could be developed much better and it would be good to see his team in support of the frontline team a bit more, would add some realism.

We could do with either a really good space battle or a good political/conspiracy type storyline. Wonder will we get to see the SGC in atlantis much now that SG-1 is finished?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

Was it a pic of Jack? (he was wearing a baseball cap)

I also picked up on a little joke between Sam and John.

They are on the observation deck and he says, "Congratulation"

There is a pause and then he says, "On becoming a Full-Bird Coronel"

You also most expected her to show him a ring

Regards,

Dermott

I also picked up on a little joke between Sam and John.

They are on the observation deck and he says, "Congratulation"

There is a pause and then he says, "On becoming a Full-Bird Coronel"

You also most expected her to show him a ring
    Huh? I don't get it. Tapping's been married for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

ixoy wrote: »
    Huh? I don't get it. Tapping's been married for years.

Sam never married, she broke off her engagement because of her feelings for jack.

dubambman wrote: »
    Sam never married, she broke off her engagement because of her feelings for jack.
    Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping are two different people :)

sirspamalot's post doesn't make sense to me - why would he congratulate her on anything other than being promoted? Why would there be a subtext when there's nothing else to refer to - either in the character's life or the actress'? It's not even as if Carter was engaged all that recently (relatively) either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

This episode was actually very good, despite the really annoying refernce to SG-1 and the fact that it's been done before in Sg-1.

Irritating but still entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

ixoy wrote: »
    Sam Carter and Amanda Tapping are two different people :)

sirspamalot's post doesn't make sense to me - why would he congratulate her on anything other than being promoted? Why would there be a subtext when there's nothing else to refer to - either in the character's life or the actress'? It's not even as if Carter was engaged all that recently (relatively) either.

I suggest that there is still a story line to be wrapped up regarding Jack'n'Sam. Maybe we'll see it in the two Made-for-TV movies they are promising us.

Regards,

Spamalot

Advertisement