Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does post take to come from America?

Options
  • 04-10-2007 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Somebody is telling me that stuff will take 5-6weeks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

It can take 3 days or it can take 6 weeks. Depends how it was posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I've gotten two packages from California and both arrived in ten days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

About a week if its sent by standard airmail. Iv recieved a few packages in that timescale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What method was it posted? Airmail is about a week or so. If it is 'surface mail', then it can take a couple of weeks alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I order from the USA alot and these days I don't find a whole lot of difference between surface mail and air mail. Its about a week +/- either way.

In my experience its down to when it was dispatched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

I also find it depends where in the states it was posted.

If it's posted in 'middle america' it can take a week extra because it's got to do a trip to a major city/sorting office on the east or west coast, and this trip might be done in stages rather than all in one go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Ask Ruu, he posts on here from America and it appears to be quick.

Although it seems to be as posting on boards from within ireland:D

edit: oh that kind of post. over there its called mail lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I get lots of packages from the USA.

Quickest has been three days. Stuff normally takes a week. Standard airmail.

Surface mail can be slow. I bought a CD box set from Amazon Marketplace and the seller advised that the postage amount (standard charge for CDs whether they are single discs or multi-item sets) only covered surface mail. He advised four to six weeks for delivery.

End result: It took 50 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

How does surface mail actually get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I just came back from Los Angeles and I posted excess baggage to myself last friday morning. I think it was by priority airmail because that's what they said it had to be - it literally beat me home - arrived home wednesday morning to find the little pick-up slip for the post office on the carpet.

I asked for surface mail cos there was no rush but the asian lady just kept shaking her head so I gave in and asked for whatever was easiest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

testicle wrote:
    How does surface mail actually get here?

logically it should be on a ship but I'm not sure.

Advertisement