Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to match colour

Options
  • 04-10-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I am looking to find the wood my kitchen presses are made out of. cherry veneer i think.
    the kitchen was suiupplied by nolan kitchens and went to them to see if i could buy a sheet of the cherry but they won't sell a sheet unless you get them to do all the work.

anyone any ideas of where i should look to try get the same colour as the one from Nolans.
    tried being cheeky and asking them where they bought their sheets from but of course they wouldn't tell me.

regards

Sarah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

Cherry is cherry, you're best bet is to bring one of the doors to a timber merchant or cabinet maker and get the nearest wood to it. The actual finish of the board iteslf will determine the colour and the match, depending on whether a dye or stain is used to give colour, the number of finish coats (lacquer) applied will affect the colour and appearance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moosetrax

Try the pannelling center.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Take a photograph and post it here if possible.

I think it's crazy that they won't tell you what material was used originally.. is it a secret or something? They would have told you before they had your money I'm sure.

Your other alternative is to ask them to make the additional cabinets, you said they said they'd do this... I have experience of Nolan kitchens refusing to make additional cabinets for their customers because they only make 'full' kitchens....

Post a pic here and someone will be able to help I'm sure...

Cheers
    Joe

Advertisement