Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Look at those SEXY teeth!

Options
  • 04-10-2007 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Does anyone have any tips on how to get pearly white teeth? the ones that make you go "wow, what sort of toothpaste are they using"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Knockoff Nige

Soot, seriously, good ole regualr soot. Its a complete fact. Brush your teeth with soot and you'll have the whitest teeth of your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Soot, seriously, good ole regualr soot. Its a complete fact. Brush your teeth with soot and you'll have the whitest teeth of your life.

are there not potential health risks to that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Best bet is to go to the dentist..(a good one).
    Costs about €300.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

soot - are you serious

AdrianII wrote:
    soot - are you serious
    Yes, completely serious. Are there health risks? I've no diea. But it definitely works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Yes, completely serious. Are there health risks? I've no diea. But it definitely works.

If you're trying to take the piss, you're not funny. Its a fairly normal question to ask.

OP, dentist is best bet. Go for bleaching instead of whitening toothpastes, they strip back your enamel.

Linoge wrote:
    If you're trying to take the piss, you're not funny. Its a fairly normal question to ask.

OP, dentist is best bet. Go for bleaching instead of whitening toothpastes, they strip back your enamel.
    What the fook? I stated a fact, just because you're noty that educated on the subject, dont start attacking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Stepping in to defend Knockoff Nige here, I've heard of the soot approach too. My dad said he used to use it. After a bit of discussion we came to the decision that we werent sure if it actually whitened your teeth or if they just looked extra white after washing the soot off.

To be honest I would stay away from anything that removes/strips the veneer/enamel of the tooth, thats just asking for an excuse to visit your dentist.

I've heard mixed reviews on those whitening strips but havent used them myself.

Overall the best way to whiten them is to get them done by your dentist. Unfortunately its also the most expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

how white do your teeth become if you get the dentist to do it and how much does it cost - is it worth it?

OT - but is OP a man or woman -

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Wikipedia wrote:
    Soot can stain clothing and can possibly cause illness if inhaled.
    Well there you have it, you can put it on your teeth - but you inhale it :rolleyes:... That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

OT - but is OP a man or woman -

And that's relevant, how??

Amyway, isn't it an optical illusion, you have a gob full of black stuff so when you rinse it off your teeth appear whiter than ever??

Or maybe not. :confused:

Knockoff Nige, have you tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Nailz wrote:
    Well there you have it, you can put it on your teeth - but you inhale it :rolleyes:... That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Don`t you don`t ingest it rather than inhale it?, in which case steer clear of the burnt toast:eek: .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Don`t you don`t ingest it rather than inhale it?, in which case steer clear of the burnt toast:eek: .

Burnt anything is a carcinogen. So I wouldn't go rubbing soot on my teeth if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

eth0_ wrote:
    Burnt anything is a carcinogen. So I wouldn't go rubbing soot on my teeth if I were you.

Tooth cancer??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

sudzs wrote:
    Tooth cancer??? :eek:

Oral cancer :rolleyes:

Theoretically it could cause other cancers if ingested.

Advertisement